We’re very excited at Vortex HQ to be launching our first competition today! Are you interested in having a basic knowledge of development to help your business thrive? Do you know someone who has always wanted to code? This fantastic opportunity will enable one lucky entrant the chance to win a place on a two-day “Intro to Web Design and WordPress” course as run by OneCPD, courtesy of Vortex! This will be a chance for any budding developers to kick-start their career and get some experience into web design. The course will be held at the University of Salford, Manchester on the 10th and 11th August 2017, and is worth over £500 per person!
OneCPD, who run the course, give a full description on their site:
“Held in the centre of Manchester’s digital hub, this 2-day course – An Introduction to Web Design and WordPress – will allow you to learn the techniques and industry standards used by professional web designers. It’s no secret that the web has changed the way businesses operate.
Customers now expect organisations to have an online presence, and to be able to purchase their products with the touch of a button. 43 million adults in the UK alone use the internet on a regular basis, and often purchase products directly through a business’ website. That’s why it is now more important than ever for organisations to invest in their online infrastructure, so they can meet their customers’ needs and generate extra revenue.
Maintaining good web design practices within your organisation can help keep operating costs down and ensures costly mistakes are avoided.
The main focus of the course is how to implement web design techniques using WordPress as a content management system. It will help you ensure your website is an asset to your business instead of a hindrance.
The course brings together theory from a University, along with industry practice. It allows you to get hands-on and create something, developing your practical skills and understanding in this exciting and lucrative area.”
The course will be a stepping stone for anyone wishing to take online skills to help further a business or integrate IT skills into business. This short course will bring together theory and practice over the two days in order to give participants a broad spectrum of beginner knowledge, and will give anyone wishing to discover how to code the basic knowledge of creating and managing a WordPress site.
The expected learning outcomes for the course are:
- Setting up and managing a web presence using WordPress as a content management system
- Introduction to CSS and HTML for web page editing using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Sourcing images and basic web graphics using Adobe Photoshop
- Optimising your website for mobile devices
- Bringing it all together – a hands on activity to allow you to put it all into practice
If this sounds like an opportunity you can’t miss, read on for how to enter and our full terms and conditions!
How to Enter:
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, entrants must complete the following:
– Be following Vortex Commerce Limited on one of our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn)
– Share or retweet the relevant ‘pinned’ post from the same social media platform they followed – Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn – with the hashtag #VortexWin
– Email email@example.com with the following information: name, age, location, mobile phone number, the social media platform on which they liked and shared Vortex Commerce’s pinned post, and a short paragraph of between 100-200 words detailing the reason why they think they should win this fantastic prize!
The closing date will be 11:59pm on Friday 30th June 2017.
Terms and Conditions:
– By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
– Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees of Vortex Commerce Limited, and its associated agencies.
– Entrants must be aged 14 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
– There is no entry fee, and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
– Closing date and time for entry will be Friday 30th June 2017 at 6pm. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
– Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via Vortex Commerce Limited’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/VortexCommerce/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/VortexCommerce), and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2838543/).
– The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and entrants must like and share/retweet the corresponding ‘pinned’ post from either Vortex Commerce Limited’s Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn pages on their personal social media with the hashtag #VortexWin, and be following Vortex Commerce Limited on the same social media platform – either Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Entries must include the entrant’s full name, their age, their location, their preferred telephone number, the reason they believe they should win in a paragraph of between 100-200 words, the form of social media they shared Vortex Commerce Limited’s pinned post on and the corresponding social media page they followed.
– By entering, entrants confirm they are available to attend the course on the 10th and 11th August 2017. These dates are set out by OneCPD of The University of Salford.
– Entrants must email their entry from the email address they wish all correspondence to go through should they be successful.
– Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
– Use of a false name, age or contact details will result in disqualification.
– Entries that are incomplete, illegible or indecipherable by the judges will not be valid and deemed void.
– All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition, and not by a company or group of individuals.
– Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
– No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to computer error in transit.
– The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
– The winners are responsible for any other expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize; including any overnight accommodation (should it be necessary), travel costs, travel documents, passports and visas.
– Vortex Commerce Limited cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
– Prizes are subject to the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
– The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
– The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
– The winners agree to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Vortex Commerce Limited relating to any post-winning publicity.
– Winners will be chosen by Vortex Commerce Limited, from all valid entries received.
– Vortex Commerce Limited’s decision is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered in to.
– Unless stated otherwise, the winners will be chosen by the judges from all valid entries received via email by the closing date of 30th June 2017 at 6pm.
– Winners will be notified within 28 days of the closing date.
– The prize is as follows: A free place will be granted to you on The University of Salford, Manchester’s OneCPD ‘An Introduction to Web Design and WordPress’ course on the 10th and 11th August 2017. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
– Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If the winners cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
– Confirmation of the prize will be made via telephone or email to the winners.
– Winners must respond by telephone or via email within 24 hours to claim their prize.
– Failure to respond within 24 hours and/or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
– The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
– The competition may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
– The provider of the prize is OneCPD of the University of Salford.
– The Promoter is Vortex Commerce Limited, LS1 Headrow, 113 The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 5JW.