Senior Magento Developer
This is the ideal opportunity for a talented developer looking to join our fast-growing company offering superb career progression opportunities. Benefitting from a rewarding and fun environment, the successful candidate will be part of our team where their input will have a real impact on our future success.
You will be building and supporting the backend development of Magento eCommerce websites. You’ll be working both in project teams and individually, for smaller pieces of work. Your time will be split between projects and everyday support tickets.
As a senior member of our development team, you’ll be required to support and train more junior members and communicate with clients via the account management team.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for a Senior-Level Developer with a passion for all things code-related. Our Magento-specialist development agency makes our clients’ complicated ideas into considered, pain-free realities. We have a number of certified professionals and a training/progression plan for all staff members.
Our agency is a hub of life and our open-plan office is situated in the centre of Leeds on The Headrow, just a five-minute walk from the train station.
We care about our staff and let the team choose their rewards with our unique incentive scheme. As a team we accrue bonuses and collectively decide how to spend them – just take a look on our Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn profiles by searching for #vortexincentive to see what we get up to!
If you think you could be the right person for the job, we would love to hear from you!
- Location: Leeds, UK
- Date posted: 05/11/2016
The required candidate should have experience and be confident with:
- Magento development
- Being a Magento Certified Developer or Developer+
- Working within an Agile (Scrum, TDD/BDD)
- Using GIT
- Advanced PHP knowledge
- The ability to find solutions to problems and implement them effectively
- LEMP stack
- Advanced OOP PHP knowledge
- Magento 2 (would be preferable but not essential)
- Managing a development team
The kind of individual we are looking for should, at a minimum, meet the below requirements:
- Passionate about development
- Punctual and respectable
- Positive attitude (the cup should always be half full)
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to advance their knowledge and personal progression
- Be happy working with the project team and on individual tasks
- Responsible, trustworthy and organised
- Strive to be a better developer every day
If hard work is put in, we will always reward you with:
Cycle to Work
Company Matched Pension
Flexible Working Hours
20 Days Holiday Plus 1 per Year of Service
Monthly Team Breakfasts
Latest & Greatest Hardware
Cake On Your Birthday