Senior Back End Developer
Strictly no recruiters.
You will be building and supporting the backend development of Magento e-commerce websites. You’ll be working both in project teams and individually for smaller pieces of work. Your time will be split between projects and business as usual support tickets. You will be reporting to your project manager and technical director. Depending on you abilities you’ll be required in some rare cases to interact with clients. As a senior member of our development team you’ll be required to support and train more junior members.
What we offer
- A great salary for the right people alongside loads of benefits.
- We encourage all our developers and support staff to become certified professionals and a training/progression plan is available for all team members.
- We regularly hold internal training to help you progress with your knowledge and skills.
- We care about our staff and let the team choose their rewards with our unique incentive scheme.
- Monthly breakfasts.
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
If you think you are the right person for the job we would love to hear from you.
Vortex is dedicated to promotion of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We want to recruit outstanding people for our team on the basis of capability.
We make sure that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process.
Employees who are involved in the selection and interviewing process will be fully aware of relevant legislation and the importance of avoiding discrimination.
The required candidate should posses the majority of the skills below
- Magento development
- Experience working within an Agile (Scrum, TDD/BDD)
- Experience using GIT, SVN or another repository
- Advanced PHP knowledge
- The ability to find solutions to problems
- Knowledge of LAMP stack
- Advanced knowledge of OOP PHP ideally with Magento platform experience
- Magento 2 experience (would be preferable but not essential)
The kind of individual we are looking for
- Passionate about development
- Punctual and respectable
- Positive attitude (the cup is always half full)
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to advance their knowledge and personal progression
- Be happy working in a project team and on individual tasks
If hard work is put in, we will always reward you with:
Cycle to Work
Company Matched Pension
Flexible Working Hours
20 Days Holiday Plus 1 per Year of Service
Monthly Team Breakfasts
Latest & Greatest Hardware
Cake On Your Birthday