Vortex is an award-winning Magento development agency based in the heart of Leeds. Our office is conveniently located in the town centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Leeds train station. As we operate in an open-plan space, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with designers, developers, testers, and senior management alike!
We also have a fantastic office culture – the whole top floor of the office is dedicated to recreation for the our team. We have table football and darts for sports, a fully-stocked beer fridge, an HDTV with Netflix, a bean-to-cup coffee machine, a 100 sq ft balcony, and large kitchen area for our staff to enjoy their breaks.
As a member of the Vortex team, you can also benefit from flexible working time and 20 days holiday a year. To top it all off, we have a monthly incentive scheme with a range of treats and fun activities to reward you for all your hard work. From free lunches, to days out go karting – we’ve done it all! Just search #vortexincentive on Twitter or Facebook to see what we get up to each month.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi start and finish times
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Ability to take part in our company incentive scheme (you can see the monthly activities on Facebook or Twitter search for #vortexincentive)
- A fun and friendly working environment in a state-of-the-art two-floor office on Leeds’ Headrow
- Salary dependant on experience
Vortex is dedicated to the promotion of equal opportunities and non-discrimination. We want to recruit outstanding people for our team on the basis of capability.
We make sure that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process.
Employees who are involved in the selection and interviewing process will be fully aware of relevant legislation and the importance of avoiding discrimination.
The role will consist of;
- Developing and supporting test frameworks using a variety of commercially available tools, as well as helping automated testing solutions.
- Developing your personal understanding of project lifecycle methodology and full project life cycle testing experience and contributing to the company’s on going development of testing.
- Communicate regularly with the developers undertaking the tasks and also with the clients.
- Supporting the senior members of the test team and being trained on the job.
- Helping to analyse functional and technical specifications and user stories for new Magento builds/Capex projects for existing and new clients.
- Develop knowledge and practical experience of test tools and industry standard best practice suggesting optimal solution to the business where possible.
- 1 years’ experience testing for a junior – preferable, but not essential, for a trainee.
- You should be naturally pessimistic with code and enjoy looking for details that could unlock a bigger issue.
- A logical approach to your work that will allow you to build various user cases and improve the company’s first-time delivery of deploying bug-free code.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to your work with a high attention to detail.
- A slight insight into an agile approach towards testing and the ability to absorb site requirements and put them into practice.
- Your communication internally and externally must be excellent in order to communicate the client’s requirements and articulate any issues effectively and in a concise format for your peers.
- The ideal candidate will be technically-minded and have an understanding of coding languages and deployments.
If hard work is put in, we will always reward you with:
Cycle to Work
Company Matched Pension
Flexible Working Hours
20 Days Holiday Plus 1 per Year of Service
Monthly Team Breakfasts
Latest & Greatest Hardware
Cake On Your Birthday