Junior Account Manager
We’re always on the lookout for talented and hard-working team players to join our ranks here at Vortex. This time around, we’re on the lookout for an organised, cool-headed and ambitious individual with some experience in running client accounts and small web development support tasks or on-going web project support.
Vortex is an award-winning Magento development agency based in the heart of Leeds. Our office is conveniently located in the town centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Leeds train station. As we operate in an open-plan space, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with designers, developers, testers, and senior management alike!
We have a fantastic office culture – the whole top floor of the office is dedicated as a break out area for our team, including table football and darts, a fully-stocked beer fridge, an HDTV with Netflix, a bean-to-cup coffee machine, a 100 sq ft balcony, and large kitchen area for our staff to enjoy their breaks.
As a member of the Vortex team, you can also benefit from flexible working and 20 days holiday a year. To top it all off, we have a monthly incentive scheme with a range of treats and fun activities to reward you for all your hard work. From free lunches to days out go-karting – we’ve done it all! Just search #vortexincentive on Twitter or Facebook to see what we get up to each month.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company contributed pension scheme
- Ability to take part in our company incentive scheme – you can see the monthly activities on Facebook or Twitter search for #vortexincentive
- A fun and friendly working environment in a state-of-the-art two-floor office on Leeds’ Headrow.
- Free tea & coffee, plus semi-regular office treats
- Salary is dependant on experience.
If you’re up to the challenge and interested in working with a dedicated team of e-commerce enthusiasts; apply below. We’re waiting to hear from you!
Vortex is dedicated to the promotion of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We want to recruit outstanding people for our team on the basis of capability.
We make sure that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process.
Employees who are involved in the selection and interviewing process will be fully aware of relevant legislation and the importance of avoiding discrimination.
The ideal candidate
- Would have at least 1 year’s experience managing client expectations on a variety of common technology platforms; including web development, eCommerce, CMS and bespoke integrations
- Have an understanding of resource and time management, with the ability to manage multiple clients
- Will be commercially focused, with previous experience working to and managing budgets.
- Able to influence and challenge constructively
- Previous experience in conflict resolution and mitigation
- Able to motivate team members and manage internal and external relationships
- Any previous experience using JIRA is beneficial but not essential
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have a keen eye, with strict attention to detail
- Must be confident in a client facing role
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be creative and energetic with the desire to grow in tandem with the company
- Must be a team player
- Successful candidates would possess traits that include being organised, ambitious, methodical and affable.
- Helping develop our internal account management processes
- Increasing account delivery efficiency and quality
- Assist in creating detailed specifications and documentation
- Create a communication bridge between clients, account managers and our design/development teams
- Day-to-day management of clients (mainly using Magento 1 and 2)
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Managing and working on our internal account management and ticketing system (JIRA)
Additional Desirable skills
- Experience working with the Magento 1 and/or 2 admin panel and data.
- Magento Certified solution specialist.
- E-commerce agency experience.
- Organization and account management accreditations (e.g. Scrum, Agile etc)
If hard work is put in, we will always reward you with:
Cycle to Work
Company Matched Pension
Flexible Working Hours
20 Days Holiday Plus 1 per Year of Service
Monthly Team Breakfasts
Latest & Greatest Hardware
Cake On Your Birthday