Front End Developer
|Vortex is an award-winning Magento development agency based in the heart of Leeds. Our office is conveniently located in the town centre, just a few minutes’ walk from Leeds train station. As we operate in an open-plan space, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with designers, developers, testers, and senior management alike!
Vortex is a fast-paced, growing company, is looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Developer to join their team and assist with producing fantastic websites for our clients.
Our work includes building Magento 1 & 2 eCommerce stores for merchants across the UK, Europe and the USA with uncompromising build quality, along with providing solutions and strategies that deliver measurable results.
We also have a fantastic office culture – the whole top floor of the office is dedicated to recreation for our team. We have table football and darts for sports, a fully-stocked beer fridge, an HDTV with Netflix, a bean-to-cup coffee machine, a 100 sq ft balcony, and large kitchen area for our staff to enjoy their breaks.
As a member of the Vortex team, you can also benefit from flexible working time and 20 days holiday a year. To top it all off, we have a monthly incentive scheme with a range of treats and fun activities to reward you for all your hard work. From free lunches to days out go karting – we’ve done it all! Just search #vortexincentive on Twitter or Facebook to see what we get up to each month.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Strictly no recruiters.
At Vortex we work on a wide range of projects which are all based on the Magento platform. We’re always aspiring to build industry-leading sites for our clients and push the boundaries of e-commerce. To help us do that, we need someone who doesn’t cut corners, embraces new technology, loves working as part of a team and wants to be better tomorrow than they are today.
If you think you are the right person for the job; apply below! We’re waiting to hear from you.
Vortex is dedicated to promotion of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We want to recruit outstanding people for our team on the basis of capability.
We make sure that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process.
Employees who are involved in the selection and interviewing process will be fully aware of relevant legislation and the importance of avoiding discrimination.
Required Frontend Developer skill set:
- Full understanding of responsive development practices
- Photoshop / Sketch (basic)
- PHP5 experience
- Prototype JS experience
- jQuery JS experience
- Advanced CSS3 experience
- HTML5 experience
- LESS experience
- Understand basic SEO principles
- Git experience
- The ability to work in a fast pace environment and work between multiple projects
What we offer
- A great salary, alongside loads of benefits.
- We encourage all our developers and support staff to become certified professionals and a training/progression plan is available for all team members.
- We regularly hold internal training to help you progress with your knowledge and skills.
- We care about our staff and let the team choose their rewards with our unique incentive scheme. As a team we accrue bonuses and collectively decide how to spend them just take a look in twitter or facebook and search #vortexincentive – In the last 6 months we have been Go-Carting, Trampolining, Adventure Rooms, Karaoke, BierKeller and other activities.
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
If hard work is put in, we will always reward you with:
Cycle to Work
Company Matched Pension
Flexible Working Hours
20 Days Holiday Plus 1 per Year of Service
Monthly Team Breakfasts
Latest & Greatest Hardware
Cake On Your Birthday